Friday, December 10, 2010

"$mart Grant"

Monday I received a call informing me that I had won the grant I had written back in October. I was so excited! This was the first grant I have ever written and I was so happy to have been selected to receive the money. My grant proposal was for an 8th grade reading section in my media center. Since money is so tight these days, this money will help my center out tremendously. Two representatives from the Satilla REMC Foundation came to school on Wednesday and presented me with the check. They also brought along one of those HUGE checks that you see when people win the lottery. They took a picture of me with my principal & superintendent. They also took a picture of me with about 20 8th grade students that I selected. With the exception of three students, I taught all of the students last year in the 7th grade, so it was very special to have them in the picture with me. I immediately ordered my books and can't wait to get the 8th grade reading section up and running.

1 comment: