Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Jesus!

"And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:9-11 (KJV)

Christmas is my favorite time of year for many reasons. I love that I get to spend a lot of time with my family, I love the food, I love the lights, I love seeing my children get so excited about opening presents, I love the excitement in the air as Christmas day grows closer. However, the best gift of all is the gift God sent the world...his son Jesus! Without Jesus, I would live in darkness and despair. Through Jesus there is hope of a better life, one beyond this world, and I am so thankful for that! That is the best gift I have ever received! So as I wrap gifts, cook food, and spend time with family, I stop to give thanks for the ultimate gift and say "Happy Birthday Jesus"!

No comments:

Post a Comment