I am so pleased with how much Ava has learned this year in her gymnastics class. This is her first year taking gymnastics and she loves it! She practices EVERY DAY and has mastered many balancing stunts like the bridge and frog stand. In addition she can do a cart-wheel, round-off, hand-stand, hand-stand flip over to a back bend and much more! Her lastest move she has been learning is the back-bend. This is where she is standing up and goes into a back bend! Last week she was unable to do it at practice and got very upset with herself. So, she practiced this all week long. I saw her get better everyday and knew she would have it mastered my the next week. Today is her gymnastics class and she was so excited when she woke up. She can hardly wait to get to practice to show Mrs. Trinia.
Once practice was over, she came running out with the M&M egg that Mrs. Trinia promised to give her once she mastered the back bend! Before we left, Mrs. Trinia wanted Ava to show me one more time. This time not only did she go down in her back bend, she came right back up!! I was surprised because she had not done this before. Once we got home, I videoed her going back in her back bend. Oh, to be that flexible again!!
I'm so proud of Ava. She works so hard at her gymnastics. I'm glad when all that work pays off.
ReplyDelete