Mother's Day is this Sunday so Claire and Ava's schools held various Mother's Day activities. I started off my day with breakfast at Claire's school. The mothers were treated to doughnuts, muffins, fruit, and breakfast casserole...YUM!! The kids had also prepared a couple of songs about mothers and sang them with huge smiles on their faces. Claire had also made me a sweet card and gave me a small potted flower. In addition, each child answered some questions about their mothers and Mrs. Lisa read them out loud to us. Claire said I was 20 years old (sweet girl), I was funny when I danced, and I
I am so blessed to have a job that allows me to attend these early and extremely important activities with my girls. I know some mothers are unable to attend with their children and it breaks my heart...for the mother and child. There was one child whose mother was unable to attend so he sat with me and Claire. I took pictures of him and lavished attention on him as well. When it got time for me to leave, I was hugging and kissing Claire and he walked up to me and said, "Claire's mom, can I hug and kiss you?" Of course I said "yes" without any hesitation! I wanted to cry and thanked God for my job and for a boss that understands how important it is to attend activities your children have!
No comments:
Post a Comment