Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ava Picasso

As I have posted before, Ava LOVES art. Anything to do with coloring, drawing, painting, sticker mosaics, etc. she loves! The art teacher at my school is awesome and as part of her curriculum she lets her students paint a canvas on whatever they like. At the end of the semester the students get to take their canvases home and hang them in their rooms. I have taken Ava down to Mrs. Jane's room a few times this year to let her see all the art hanging in her room. Ava was in awe and asked to go to Mrs. Jane's room many more times after that. As luck would have it, Mrs. Jane had a few canvases left over at the end of the year so I took the opportunity to ask if Ava could possibly go to her room after school and paint with her. She was very excited at Ava's interest in art and happily agreed. Ava was beyond excited! Ava went home that afternoon and sketched what she wanted her canvas to look like on a piece of banner paper. The following Monday, equipped with her sketch and painting apron, we made our way to Mrs. Jane's room. Mrs. Jane was so excited to see Ava and Ava immediately felt at ease. I left them to work and an hour later, I went to get her. She had done a wonderful job! However, it was unfinished and would have to be completed the next day. After Ava completed the painting the next day, she proudly brought her canvas to my office and it looked great! Ava painted 100% of the canvas. Mrs. Jane outlined where Ava's flowers, butterfly, etc would go and Ava began painting. There were a few places where Ava got out of the lines, but I love that! It's her work as a 5 year old and I love the imperfections, if you can call them that! Mrs. Jane stopped by and said how much she loved working with Ava and how well she had done with her painting. We took her painting home that day and hung it in her room as soon as we got home! Move over Picasso!

No comments:

Post a Comment