Friday, May 20, 2011

Another Year Gone

Wow, another year gone! I cannot believe that I have been teaching for 9 years! I also cannot believe I have a child in the public school system. Time sure flies! Today was the last day of school and it gave me time to reflect on all the changes my family had this year. First of all, Ava began Pre-k and it was a huge success! She learned so much and loves school. She also loved her teacher so I had to post a picture of her and Mrs. Keli. FYI: Ava's making a weird face in this picture because her eyes were hurting her. She was about to have a fit to rub them.



Claire did excellent on the "big kid" side at school and learned much more than she would tell me. She is very intelligent, but she doesn't always want to let her daddy and I know how much she knows. If I try to work with her on her letters, she immediately decides she needs to play Barbies. She's only 3 so that's okay for now. However, at graduation she showed her stuff and knew everything! She always does better for other people than for me.


Kelly began his new job as Assistant Principal/CTAE Director/Alternative School principal! Needless to say, he had a busy year! Kelly's job required him to be gone so much and that was a difficult adjustment for me and the girls. With a higher paying job comes much, much more
responsibilites. Next year will be better.


As for me, my job has also been an adjustment. I was very excited to begin my new journey but I have to admit I missed being in the classroom. I never thought I would say that! I missed the interaction and relationship with the kids, I missed seeing my peeps everyday, and I missed teaching math...am I CraZy!!! I know I'll adapt to my new job and before long I won't be able to imagine doing anything else.


In addition, I am very thankful that Kelly and I both had a job to go to this year. During these hard economic times, many teachers are being laid off and positions are not being filled...I never thought I would see that! Even though we both had to take furlough days that was better than not having a job at all.

1 comment: