Monday, July 26, 2010

My Peeps - Moving On...

The last two years of my professional life have been the best two years ever! The twelve people that work on my hall have become like a second family to me. We laugh, we cry, we laugh some more (usually at Scott) and we have truly formed a bond that I am certain will last a lifetime. With all the stress and pressures that come with teaching, we all know that we can turn to each other for a pick-me-up or a laugh. Lunch time has become such an important part to our group that we all look forward to that time. It's like the experts say, "Families that eat together form stronger bonds"... and we are a family.
However, this coming school year there will be many changes on the 7th grade hall. Dee was the first to go! She got a promotion as Instructional Lead Teacher at the new elementary school. She will be fantastic at her new job but we were all sad to know she would be leaving our group. I was the next to leave. The media specialist position came available for the next school year, and I secured that spot. Next was Courtney, who made the move to 8th grade and then there was Scott, who is transferring to the Special Education department to be closer to Stuart :) Everyone, except Dee, will still be in the same building but with everyone's hectic schedules, we may only see each other a few times a week, if we're lucky!

At the end of the school year we all decided to do what we do best one more time... EAT! We all found sitters, kissed the spouses good-bye, and planned other events around our last time together as the 7th grade hall! We all went to a Japanese steakhouse to enjoy good food and good company. I have included a picture of all of us together (except Brandon & Monica). They will forever be MY PEEPS and I love them. I wish them the best of luck!!

1 comment: