Saturday, June 6, 2015

Happy Anniversary from Dover International Speedway

While we were in Delaware, Kelly and I celebrated our twelfth anniversary!  We made it to Delaware on Saturday, May 30th just in time to have a delicious dinner prepared by Aunt Connie and get some rest.  The next day was our anniversary and it just so happened that NASCAR was racing at The Monster Mile that day.  Since we were going to be in Dover anyway, Kelly purchased tickets for he and I to attend the race.  Aunt Connie and Uncle Mike graciously offered to watch the girls for us while we went.

This was my first ever NASCAR race and it is no secret that I am not a race fan.  However, Kelly has been involved in racing his whole life and loves to watch/go to races.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!  The weather was nice, it was not crowded, and it was actually pretty interesting to see all of the before race festivities.  It was extremely loud but I equipped myself with ear plugs so it was actually not bad at all.  Not that am going to become a NASCAR groupie, but I would not mind going to another race in the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment