Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bitter Sweet

For the last ten years Kelly has worked at the same high school.  He worked his way up from teacher to assistant principal.  His job has been wonderful and he loves the county, people, and the community.  However, we do not live in the county in which he works.  We live about 50 minutes away which has proven difficult since Kelly's job has become increasingly demanding over the years.  His co-workers are not only colleagues but they have become friends.  So it is very bitter sweet for him to leave.  Why is he leaving?  He applied, interviewed, was offered, and accepted a position as assistant principal in our home county!  He and I are both excited that he'll be home more and will work in the same school system I do; however, it is hard to leave a place you love to go to a place in which you are uncertain.  I really feel this is where the Lord would have him.  I have been praying about this decision ever since we knew there would be an opening.  Kelly had said that it would need to be obvious and the perfect situation for him to leave his current job.  At first, it looked like he was going to get offered a job, just not the job he wanted.  However, we were wrong.  The high school principal called him and offered him the job he wanted to which he accepted.  It was obvious!!  I really feel like God is leading our family and I feel like we are "getting it" and following.


The high school where he works hosted a surprise going away party for him.  The girls and I made plans to attend and I even told Ava and Claire about it a week before and they were able to keep it a secret!  The faculty made a memory book for him about his time there which included pictures and personalized messages.  It was so nice and he was so surprised!  He will do great at his new job but he sure will miss his former colleagues.


No comments:

Post a Comment