
Today was the Veteran's Day program at Ava and Claire's school. Each year their school hosts local veterans for breakfast and honors their dedication and loyalty to our country. In addition, there are several contests that are hosted weeks before and the winners are announced during the ceremony. Earlier in the week I got a call letting me know that Claire had won the overall coloring contest for the pre-k students! I was so excited and could not wait to see her get her award. Claire did not know that she had won and Kelly and I were suppose to keep it a surprise until today. When they called out her name she did not get up immediately. I think she was surprised and a little shy. She got a nice gift bag and she got to keep her picture that she colored.
 |
| Claire's picture |
We also got an additional surprise...Ava got 3rd runner up for her grades' coloring contest! She was so surprised and she received a medal and her picture!
The girls were happy about their awards but they were even more excited that several family members were there to see them. In attendance was Kelly, myself, Gigi, Papa, and Grandpa.
 |
| Ava's picture |
No comments:
Post a Comment