Saturday, November 3, 2012

Our First 5K

Yesterday Kelly, Ava, Claire and I went to the Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge in Folkston to run a 5k.  This was mine and Kelly's first 5k ever!  The 5k benefited the FBLA & FCCLA programs at the high school where Kelly is an administrator.  Kelly and I did not train for this 5k, we just got out there and did it.  I was a little nervous about how it would go and I was so pumped that I actually finished it...and I felt great afterwards!  Kelly was not excited about this race but he did finish...after me of course:)  My time was 35 minutes and about forty or fifty something seconds (I didn't get the exact time).


In addition, Ava and Claire ran the one mile fun run.  Ava came in first overall with a time of 10:30 and Claire's time was a few minute after that.  The girls ran the one mile with buddy runners while Kelly and I were running the 5k.


Our cousins from Texas, who were in town for the Walker reunion, also ran with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment