Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hayrides & Red Rover

Yesterday we kicked off our fun-filled weekend with a family cook out.  Our family got to the farm a little late due to Julianna's nap, but we arrived in time to enjoy many of the festivities.  Immediately when we got there, everyone loaded up and went for a hayride.,,and boy can our family fill up a trailer!  There were 23 of us on the trailer!  Daddy drove us around the neighborhood while we talked, laughed, and took pictures.  Ava, Claire, Julianna, Olivia, and Owen became instant friends with Rachel, Andy, Scarlett, and Benjamin.  Since they are all roughly the same age it was as if they had been friends all along.  Zachary and McKenzie loved the little kids too and were so good to help us hold them and help watch them during the activities.




Talking like they've been friends forever!


All 11 great-grandkids!

After the hayride, the kids stayed outside to run around and play games.  Did I say kids?  I meant kids and adults!  Before long a game of "freeze tag", boys vs. girls had begun.  Do you know how long it has been since the adults have played freeze tag?  It was so fun!  Admittedly, I was holding Julianna and she and I just ran around unfreezing the girls.


After the adults were pooped from running around, everyone decided to break out another "oldie but goodie" game...red rover!  Red rover is the bomb and everyone loved player red rover...even Aunt Connie!  We played until it was too dark to see and then everyone went inside to enjoy a delicious meal of bbq, hamburgers, hotdogs, corn, potatoes, mac & cheese and so much more!  After supper, we talked, laughed, played and took more pictures! This was one of the best weekends I can remember having in a long time!
Running to break through the line

Planning red rover strategy

The line holds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment