Sunday, November 11, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

Girls with their boxes!
Each year our church participates in Operation Christmas Child.  Operation Christmas Child is a ministry that reaches millions of children a year.  Boxes of goodies are packed and shipped to children all over the world.  These boxes arrive sometime around Christmas.  For about the last four years, our family has participated in this ministry.  I get a box for each of my children and let them decide if they want to pack a box for a boy or girl.  Julianna even got her own box to pack this year.  I always purchase items for children around the ages of my girls.  Once we purchased our items, we went home to pack and wrap the boxes.  This year, Ava and Claire really got into helping select items for "their kid."  I love this ministry!  Kelly and I always take this opportunity to remind the girls of how blessed they are to have all of their needs met when other children do not.  We also talk to them about how important it is to help others.  I want my girls to be compassionate towards others and love others.  I cannot think of a better way to do this than through mission work and having them actually be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment