Thursday, July 19, 2012

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Okay, admittedly my cousin's wife, Leslie, has so many great ideas and I "borrow" these ideas often.  The most recent idea I have borrowed is the mother-daughter book club.  The way this works is an age-appropriate book is selected and the mother and daughter read the book together then meet with the club to discuss it.  Once I read her posting of this idea, I immediately contacted my sister and we decided to start a mother-daughter book club here since Leslie lives so far away.  Our first book was "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl.  My girls loved this book but they really loved getting together to discuss it.  Especially when the discussion included watching the movie (Johnny Depp) and eating chocolate bars and chocolate cake!  Lealane and I have already selected books through May and are very excited about the next book..."Beezus and Ramona".

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you all are doing this, too! I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we are. I definitely want to know what's on your book list.

    ReplyDelete