Saturday, November 29, 2014

Decorating for Christmas

The Travel Tree
I love Christmas!  I love everything it stands for!  I love the lights, the smells, everything!  I used to never decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  However, the year I was pregnant with Claire, I knew I would have to decorate during Thanksgiving break if I wanted the house to be decorated at all as Claire was due at the beginning of December.  That year was such a wonderful year mostly because I had a brand new precious angel to love but I was able to enjoy the decorations for longer too.  Ever since then, I put my decorations out during the Thanksgiving break.  This year was no exception.  I finally got a second Christmas tree to go in my dining room.  I have always wanted one in there specifically for our travel ornaments.  I have dubbed that tree "The Travel Tree".  Anywhere we go on vacation, get-a-way, etc., we get an ornament from that place.  Each girl gets an ornament and Kelly & I get one to share.  Every year when we take the ornaments out to put on the tree, we reminisce about the places we have been as a family.  My hope is to have that tree filled up before the girls are grown and gone.  After that, Kelly and I may need a third tree to hold all of the ornaments we acquire on our travels!  Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment