WinShape Camp has been labeled as the
Best Week Ever! After talking with Ava after camp each day, I think the label is accurate. WinShape is a church camp opportunity without having to be gone overnight. Camp started at 8:00 each morning and was filled with high energy activities and bible study. Each camper preregistered weeks before and selected 5-6 activities in which they would like to participate. Three activities were chosen for each camper and Ava got archery, painting, and girl world.
I knew it was going to be the "best week ever" on the first day. As we pulled in to the church parking lot there were camp workers at the entrance with pool noodles and they were hitting the cars and yelling greetings! As I walked Ava up we encountered more camp workers who started yelling, "Ava is here. Everybody Ava is here." She was grinning from ear to ear.
 |
| Bulls eye! |
I was very fortunate to have co-workers who helped with the camp as they would send me pictures of Ava during the day. Ava loved all her activities and she is such a well rounded little girl. She would go to girl world (where they learned how to set the table properly, walk like a lady, etc.) then she would go over to archery and shoot arrows! She did well and even shot a bulls eye!
At the end of camp each day, Ava was eager to tell me what she had done/learned that day. When I would ask her when they had their devotion time she replied, "We had it all day. We talked about God during every activity." Awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment