Monday, June 9, 2014

Camping

Today we got back from a four day-three night camping trip.  This was our home for the past four days.




















Originally, I was NOT excited about going camping.  I had no desire to live in an area the size of my half bath with four other people without the comforts of home.  However, Kelly thought it would be a great adventure and since his dad had a camper we could borrow, we decided to give it a try.  We went with another friend couple of ours and their two children.  Our friends go camping regularly, so it was nice to have someone to show us the ropes.

We stayed on Blythe Island and the camper slots were very nice.  Each slot had a picnic table and a concrete slab that acted as our porch.  Once we got the camper parked, the hoses hooked up, and the bicycles unpacked we looked around.  There was a nice playground area, a lake, a beach, and a bike trail.



Our trip was filled with playing Uno, riding bikes, spending time together, making s'mores, grilling burgers, sleeping and taking a quick trip to a nearby beach.  Ava, Claire, Ansley, and I also went on a bike ride on a trail by the marsh.  Big mistake!!  Mosquitos everywhere!  The scenery was beautiful but we cut the ride short because, like I said, mosquitos, and we got kind of lost!  The signs for the bike trail were turned all sorts of crazy ways so there was no clear trail.  But alas, we made it out.






All the sweet kiddos
Overall, I had a better time than I thought I would.  The kids had a great time!  The girls slept in bunk beds, played with their friends, rode bikes, and spent the majority of their day outside.  Living in a small space with no distractions (television) for four days made our family even closer than we are.  It was a nice escape from all the "stuff" out there.  And it was definitely an adventure.  I mean, I showered in a bath house for crying out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment