A friend of my recently posted this on her facebook wall and it really got me! The fact that my three small daughters will one day be my three grown daughters, Lord willing, really got me to thinking. If each of them live a "normal" life span, they will be "butterflies" for three times as long as they are "caterpillars" and that is including up to 18 years old as a caterpillar. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day busyness of life and I feel like the day has ended before I have gotten a chance to really spend time with my caterpillars. Fortunately, that doesn't happen too often, but one day of it is too much! Right now my girls think their dad and I are the most wonderful people ever! They think we are the coolest and funnest people to be around! That will not last forever I'm sure! Will one day our girls think we are no fun? Will they rather be around their friends than us? I'm sure the answer to both of those questions is YES!
And I want my girls to become butterflies...one day! Beautiful, beautiful butterflies! So, every day that they drag their toys downstairs just so they can be in the same room as Kelly and I and every day they jump on us wanting to play, I'll bask in the moment. I'll try not to think of the mess they are making with their toys and I'll try not to think about how tired I am and how I could not possibly stop and play when I should be cooking, cleaning, washing clothes......
I'll enjoy my caterpillars!!!
| My three caterpillars! |
No comments:
Post a Comment