Saturday, October 22, 2011

Racing for Pinks


Before the race

Today Ava and Claire entered their first race.  The Waycross Service League was hosting a 5K and 1-mile fun run to raise money for breast cancer awareness.  My sister Lealane runs in 5Ks, 10Ks, and half-marathons all the time.  She takes her children, Olivia & Owen, with her and they run the fun runs.  She has been after me forever to start running and bringing the girls.  Running is not my thing so I've never gone to a race.  Today I decided to give it a try to see how the girls liked it.  They loved it!!  It was such a nice, cool morning and both girls had been very excited about the idea of running in a race.  Ava ran her mile in 11 minutes and 11 seconds!  That's pretty good!  Claire came in about two minutes later.  As each girl crossed the finish line they received a medal.  They also got a shirt in their bag.  I have to confess, eventhough I didn't run I enjoyed the event and it made me want to get out there and run.  I have decided to start training to run the Christmas 5K.  I might as well train since the girls are already asking when the next race is!


Julianna is ready :)

Crossing the finish line

Holding her medal
Claire crossing the finish line

Her medal

All four kids displaying their medals

Lealane, excuse me, Dr. Sanders
 won her age division...of course!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys finally came to one of these- I hope to see you at many more!!!

    ReplyDelete