Monday, September 5, 2011

Julianna Eve

Remember how it felt when you were a kid on Christmas Eve?  Excitement was in the air and and sleep was something that was sure to elude you because all you could think about were the gifts you would see in the morning?  That's how I feel right now!  It's not Christmas Eve, but Julianna Eve.  You see, I will be having a new baby girl in the morning.  I know I will not sleep a wink tonight and will pay for it in the morning.  Eventhough this is my third child, the process as to how she'll get here is new territory for me.  Ava and Claire came on their own eventhough both were late.  Julianna is late also, but I will be induced tomorrow and will have an epidural...two things I have never experienced before.  So why am I being induced?  Julianna is late, I have been 4 cm dilated for about a week and Julianna shows NO signs of coming anytime soon; however, with me that could all change in a matter of minutes.  My doctor said she would let me go up to a week over but I would have to go to the hospital every two days for monitoring.  That is not an option for me.  I am using a new doctor, a new hospital (40 minutes away), and going through a new birth plan with this last child.  Having to drive 40 minutes every two days for monitoring for who knows how long is not an option, especially since I work full time and have two other kids to tend to.  Kelly and I went this morning for monitoring and Julianna looks great!!!  Everything was perfect and Julianna was moving all over the place.  I was hoping with her lateness in making her grand entrance into the world meant she was going to be a laid back baby.  After today, I think not!  She literally "showed her butt" to the sonographer because she was getting mad that we were trying to check on her!  I have prayed and prayed that everything will go fine and she and I will be healthy!  I'm so excited to welcome my brand new baby girl into the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment