Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Claire the Tumbler


Showing me her split

Today was the first day of Claire's tumbling lessons.  She is finally old enough to participate in a few activities and selected tumbling as her first class.  Ava took last year and loved it so naturally Claire decided she wanted to do it too.  I was a little anxious as to how Claire would do.  I wasn't anxious about her being able to do it, but she has really been having attachment issues to me lately and I was afraid she would not even go into the class.  However, I was wrong.  She went right in (I think it helped that Olivia was in her class) and did a really good job.  I sat outside in the waiting room for most of her lesson and could hear her teacher praising her.  I occassionally peeked in and she was doing everything she was suppose to do.  Once we got home, she was so excited to tell and show Kelly and Ava everything she had learned.  Ava, "the expert", was excited to see what Claire had learned and did not hesitate to give her tips.  Claire has mastered her front roll and that's all she wanted to do.  However, Ava finally persuaded Claire to show us her "bridge".  I think this is going to be a great year for both girls in tumbling and I am so glad we have found something that Claire seems to love!  Ava is also taking tumbling this year, but she was moved up to the next class and has practice on a different day.

Ava giving Claire some pointers on her bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment