Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Jungle Book Play

Today Lealane and I took the kids to see the play The Jungle Book put on by the fine art performers at Valdosta State University.  Lealane's mother-in-law, Melanie, was very gracious to get tickets for us and all four kids.  We left early enough in the morning to have time to do a little shopping and enjoy a nice lunch at Cheddar's before the play began.  The play was awesome!  It was about an hour long, which is perfect for small kids, and the performers were excellent.  We had great seats (third row) and all of the kids laughed and clapped throughout the play!  I think I loved it just as much as the kids did.  At the end of the play, the characters came on stage and engaged the audience in singing "I Wanna Be Like You".   

As we were leaving, the performers were in the hall to sign play bills and take pictures. Ava insisted on getting her picture made with Mowgli, so we did. Ava and Claire also got their pictures made with Shante' (the girl from the village), Bageera, and Baloo. It was a great day!



Ava with Mowgli

Ava and Claire with Shante'

Ava, Bageera, Claire, Baloo

Me and my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment