Our Girls in Action group (GAs) has been in full force since August. We recently volunteered at The Sycamore Tree and learned what kinds of services they provide to our community. Each grade level volunteered on separate Tuesdays after school for an hour. Today was the fourth grade's day and since I am the fourth grade GA teacher, I accompanied them. Claire and another younger GA tagged along as well. The girls visited the warehouses and packed meals to help fill the monthly needs. I am happy to say that all of the girls worked extremely hard and we packed about twenty meals in about fifteen minutes. I love these girls and it makes me happy to see them serve others.
a blog about faith, family, friends, and the adventures of raising three daughters
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Volunteering at The Sycamore Tree
Our Girls in Action group (GAs) has been in full force since August. We recently volunteered at The Sycamore Tree and learned what kinds of services they provide to our community. Each grade level volunteered on separate Tuesdays after school for an hour. Today was the fourth grade's day and since I am the fourth grade GA teacher, I accompanied them. Claire and another younger GA tagged along as well. The girls visited the warehouses and packed meals to help fill the monthly needs. I am happy to say that all of the girls worked extremely hard and we packed about twenty meals in about fifteen minutes. I love these girls and it makes me happy to see them serve others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment