Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Ava, The Deer Slayer

Today was the last day of fall break so Kelly decided to take Ava hunting this morning.  He had taken Claire a few days earlier on the first day that kids could go hunting; however they did not see anything.  A few minutes before 7:00 a.m. Kelly sent me a text followed immediately by a call from Ava.  She had killed her first deer.  And not just any deer, a seven point buck!  She was so excited as was Kelly.  Mama and daddy heard the shot from their house so daddy went down to the field to help load the deer.

I waited outside until Kelly and Ava drove up to cheer her on.  When they pulled up she was riding in the back of the truck with her deer.  Before long we had three neighbors drive up to take a look at her deer (another reason I love being back on the farm).  I don't know who was more excited about the deer, Ava, Kelly, my daddy or the neighbors.



No comments:

Post a Comment