Sunday, October 12, 2014

Garth Brooks

After a sixteen year hiatus, Garth Brooks is officially back!  Kelly and I went to his concert last night and it was AWESOME!!  Garth was big when my sister, Lealane, and I were in high school and we loved his music then.  In the late 1990s, Garth took a break from music to spend more time with his family.  Now that his youngest child has graduated high school, he is back and better than ever!  All us sisters decided to go together and bring along our spouses/fiancee/boyfriend.

We all met up to eat before the concert then made our way to the arena.  We were anxious about our seats not being good as we were lucky to get tickets at all.  Fortunately, the arena was not so huge and there really was not a bad seat  Apparently we were not the only ones excited about the return of Garth because the house was packed!!!  We were able to see Garth well from where we were sitting so we were excited!  Trisha Yearwood also came out and sang a few songs to our delight.







It was funny because we sat together in birth order.  Lealane & Brian, me & Kelly, Cassie & Nick, and Quincy & Chase.  We had a wide array of Garth fans in our group.  Since Garth was in mine and Lealane's hey day, we knew all of his songs.  Chase, on the other hand, had only ever heard one of Garth's songs.  Shocking, I know!  Needless to say, Lealane and I stood the entire concert, danced, and sang the songs!

Kelly and I decided to stay in town overnight so after the concert we went back to our hotel and got some much needed sleep.  It was almost 1:00 a.m. after all!  That concert was the best concert I have ever been too and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Welcome back Garth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment