Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Birthday Girl Has Arrived...

Me and the sweetest kids ever!  Julianna is
included, she was napping.
Today I turned 34!  Thank you Lord for letting me live another year!  Birthdays are a big deal in my family and even though I am not a kid anymore, my parents, grandparents, sisters, brother, in-laws, etc. always call and sing/wish me a happy birthday!  My hubby and daughters always make it special as well!  We don't do anything extravagant, which I prefer.  They sing to me, love on me, make me homemade gifts (which really are my favorite), let me watch a 30 minute show uninterrupted:), and then we go out to eat.  However, this year the kids took it to a new level.  It was AWESOME!

We started pre-planning at school this week so I had to work on my birthday.  My sweet mama was watching my three girls and my sisters two kids this week while we worked.  Bless her!  Anyway, Kelly and I rode out to Mama and Daddy's to pick the girls up and this is what I saw when I got to the front door...

I opened the door and Owen was standing off the foyer in Daddy's office with a wrapping paper roll that still had a piece of paper in the shape of a flag on the end.  He held it up like a bugler and announced that the birthday girl had arrived!  I then walked into the living room where Ava, Claire, and Olivia jumped out from behind the couch and said, "Surprise"!  (Julianna was napping).  The mantle, ceiling fan, and archway were beautifully decorated with crepe paper and a homemade banner.  They then proceed with their lyrical dance rendition of "Swan Lake" to the tune of ballet music on dish network (Mama said they had been working on it all day).  It was really good!  At the end they sang Happy Birthday to me and presented me with gifts.  They had made me a pink and white zebra print crown, bracelet, and ring.  They had also made me a cookie cake that consisted of a pack of Chips Ahoy held together by cool whip.  It was yummy!  I was so happy that I wanted to cry!  My girls, niece, and nephew were so thoughtful and I loved those gifts more than anything I have ever gotten for my birthday!  It was the best birthday so far!!




As an aside, we left there to go meet Ava and Claire's teachers for open house and yes, I proudly wore my paper bracelet and ring!  I was proud to tell anyone who asked that it was my birthday gift!  And yes some asked.  Maybe not with their mouth but with their eyes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment