Growing up, every spring break was spent planting. Ever since daddy quit growing tobacco and I got married, I have only helped plant once or twice. However, now that the girls are getting older we are reviving the spring break planting! We planted tomatoes, several varieties of peppers, and watermelon. The girls were very excited to help out! Claire and Owen paired up and Ava and Olivia were a team. We would swap the kids out every so often so each team would have an opportunity to sit on the transplanter and "follow". "Following" involves walking behind the transplanter and filling in where a plant was missed. Quincy and Cassie were on hand to help the new generation learn how to plant correctly! I think all of us adults had a great time too; I know I did. It was like old times...working in the fields, riding on the tail gate of the truck, Quincy showing up late, Sam not being able to be found at all:) All of the kids worked hard and learned about planting. They can't wait to harvest the veggies! That time will be here soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment