Saturday, September 8, 2012

Look Whooo's ONE!!


Today we celebrated Julianna's birthday with a party of family and a few close friends.  Julianna's party was an owl theme and I had so much fun getting everything ready for this special occasion.  We celebrated with a supper that consisted of smoked chicken, deer sausage, hotdogs, potato salad, baked beans, and rolls.  We then sang "Happy Birthday" and watched Julianna dig into her cake.  Well, maybe she didn't really dig into it...she just looked at it for a little while.  Once I gave her a taste of the icing she started to put her hands into it a little more.  By the end of the evening, all she wanted was her cake!  Julianna was in such a good mood and she put on a show when she started opening her presents.  After each present she would open her mouth like she was saying, "Aw"!  It was hilarious!  I was so glad everyone came to help celebrate Julianna's birthday.  The only downside was anyone who did not arrive at 5:00 got soaked...yes the bottom fell out at about 5:15 and soaked some of the guests.  Overall, it was a very successful party and Julianna loved getting all the attention!

Super cute cake made by
Paula Stickland

Julianna's smash cake

Julianna, Addison, & Emmaline


Yum!


Ella, Eliza, & Claire: 3 peas in a pod!

She loved her little car


Julianna's friend Ella

As a side note, all my life I have wanted to learn to do things the "old timey way".  You know, bake everything from scratch, sew, decorate, and be able to make pretty much anything myself.  Back in April I took a step forward in that direction by making Ava's birthday cake.  I continued that adventure by making many things for Julianna's birthday that I would have usually bought from a store.  My Aunt Kay was such a huge help to me.  She owns a cricut and she cut all of the paper and vinyl products.  Anything that I needed she did and even came out several hours early to put together the owl on the table cloth (you'll see a picture of that in a minute)!  Thanks bunches Aunt Kay!  The things she and I made were; the invitations, the owl tablecloth, the centerpieces for the tables, and the treat bags (which I forgot to give out)!  I had a blast having several items of Julianna's party that was home-made and hope to continue to do more of that in every aspect of my life.  I thought the items we made ourselves looked better than what I would have bought from a store and it was definitely a lot cheaper!
Home-made invitations
Super cute if I say so myself!


Made by my cousin's wife
So cute!

Centerpieces I made

Home-made treat bags

Sign made by Aunt Kay

Owl tablecloth Aunt Kay put together
Everyone who came to the party signed
the mat!  What a great keepsake for Julianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment