Monday, August 9, 2010

New Year, New Beginnings

The start of the school year has always been an exciting time for me. Even as a child, I always loved the start of school. Most associate the new year with January 1st, but I often consider the start of the school year as the new year with new possibilities. This year there are many changes occurring in our household. Kelly started his new job as CTAE director and assistant principal at CCHS. I started my new position as the media specialist at the middle school, Claire is starting on the "big kid" side at daycare, and Ava is starting pre-k.


Ava has been so excited about starting pre-k that we have been talking about it all summer. Kelly, Ava, and I went to open house last week to meet her teacher, and today was her first official day. She got right up, got dressed, and was ready to leave. Even though I got a little teary-eyed during open house, I did not get emotional today. I walked Ava in this morning and in the afternoon she rode the bus to my school. I was waiting on her to get off the bus and took her inside to immediately get a full report of the day. She said she loved school! She got a good report from Mrs. Keli and she is in the class with her best friend. What could be better? Everything is so new and exciting to her and I hope it stays that way. We are looking forward to a great year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment