a blog about faith, family, friends, and the adventures of raising three daughters
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Ava-isms
Over her four short years, Ava has come up with some very interesting words to describe common items and has named some of her babies very unusual names. When she was 2 years-old she called high heel shoes "up and down shoes". When I asked her why she called them this, she said, "because they go up in the back and down in the front". Makes sense!! She got a stuffed baby bear for Christmas one year and named her "Gracious". Dont' know where that came from?! Today, she introduced me to another phrase... "Wow Wow shirt". When I got her up this morning, she picked out her shorts to wear to daycare and then proceeded to tell me she wanted to wear her Wow Wow shirt! I wondered what a wow wow shirt was and if this was some new type of 4 year-old lingo that I didn't know about. She pulled out a tank top that has lots of color on it and looks like tye dye in the shape of a butterfly. I asked her why she called it her Wow wow shirt and she said...(now everyone who knows Ava well, imagine her face and eyes with that 'geez mom' look on her face and her using her hands to explain this simple easy concept to her mother)..."because it has lots of colors and sparkles and when you look at it you say Wow". Of course, how dumb of me!!! What will she come up with next?
Labels:
Ava
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment