
The annual Swamp Festival was held yesterday. Every year this festival attracts hundreds of people who come for good food, good music, and good
entertainment. Kelly and I took the girls in the morning to see "Okefenokee Joe" and a demonstration on alligators. After the presentation, the girls

actually got to touch a real live baby alligator. To my surprise, both Ava and Claire touched the alligator. I was sure one of them would be too scared, but they were not!! Cassie and Quincy joined us for

the days' adventures and we all got to see and do many things at the festival.

Ava rode a pony (Claire was too scared), the girls, Kelly, and I got to slide down a HUGE slide, Cassie and Quincy rode a very fast, very jerky ride and I was pretty sure that one of them would be sick after the ride...but they were troopers and did not get sick! There were many other demonstrations to see, but we were unable to do everything.
We left a little after noon to take the girls home for naps. They had to get their rest in order to go back

downtown to listen to the "Swinging Medallions" later that night. See next post for dance pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment