There is no picture, just something I want to type so I will never forget it. Sunday morning came and Ava and I were the only ones awake. Ava is very specific about her clothes, hair, accessories, etc. Everything has to be just right!! I pulled the only two dresses she could wear out of her closet and asked her which one she wanted to wear. She said she wanted to wear the new spring dress I had bought her, but I told her it was not warm enough yet, so she would have to pick one of the two I was holding up. Reluctantly, but without complaing or fussing, she chose her polka dot dress. Next came fixing her hair. I put a big white bow on the side of her hair, which was very cute, but she wanted it right in the middle hanging on her forehead (NO!). Eventhough she didn't like her hair, she didn't whine or complain, she said okay.
On the way to church Ava said, "Mom, eventhough I didn't want to wear this dress, I didn't complain. And eventhough I wanted the bow in the middle, I didn't complain". Then came the good part. Then she said, "Do all things without complaining or disputing. Philippians 2:14"! She recently learned this Bible verse at school. I was so stunned that my 3 year old still remembered this verse and applied it!!! I was so proud of her!!!
Maybe I should teach that verse to Olivia.
ReplyDeleteWhat a special little girl! That's something I bet you'll never forget.
ReplyDelete