Monday, May 11, 2015

We Are Moving!!!

After our final haul!  About 1:00 am!!
We have sold our house and we are moving out to the farm!  We are so excited!!  The farm is where I grew up and where my parents still live.  It is a working farm so there is constantly something being planted or harvested.  My dad farms corn, soybeans, cotton, has pine trees, a garden for canning, and a large pecan orchard.  I grew up having to work in the fields and I want my children to have the same experiences and know what it means to work hard.  In addition, Kelly loves to hunt out there and spends most of his time in the fall in a tree stand.  Kelly and I have always wanted to build a house on the farm but the when? factor was something we did not know.  It could be soon or later in life.  We just did not know.  When he worked out of county, we were not in a position where we felt like we could sell and move.  Once we build a house on the farm, we are there permanently;  there is no moving off family land.  Knowing that, we felt we needed to wait.  However, two years ago Kelly had the opportunity for a lateral move to our home county and he took it.  At that time, we put our house on the market (for sale by owner) and waited.  We had several bites but no offers.  Then, this past March we had a family come to look at our house.  They fell in love with it, made an offer the next day, and we closed today; about 9 weeks after the offer came through.  And we have to be completely moved in nine days!!
Front living area

Front door and foyer

"Kid living room"

Kitchen

Girls bathroom

Master bedroom

Taking wall paper off in
Claire & Julianna's room

First haul
So...where are we going to live?  My paternal grandparents have been passed away for several years and their house has laid vacant since that time.  My dad agreed to let us move in that house until we were ready to build our own house.  My grandparents' house is an extremely well built house but it is about fifty years old and in need of maintenance.  For the last several weeks, we have had the ceilings redone with knock-down, all of the walls painted, all new flooring, new light fixtures, a new fuse box installed, new doors hung, and a clothes dryer vent installed.  We still have to paint trim, hang blinds, and renovate the bathroom, but those are things we can do once we get moved.  Here are a few pictures of the house before we finished fixing it up (except for the ceilings; they were already finished here).

We are so excited about this move and I have complete peace about it.  I have prayed about this for two years and I know this is the right time!!  I look forward to many happy times living on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment