Kelly and I have some awesome spellers in our house!! Last year Ava won the spelling bee for the 1st and 2nd grade age division. Claire was only in kindergarten and they did not have the spelling bee. This year both girls won their class spelling bee which automatically put them in the school wide spelling bee. Thankfully they were in different divisions and did not have to compete against each other. Claire's division was
The Honey Bee and Ava's division was
The Bumble Bee. Today was the spelling bee and I am happy to report that Claire won her age division and Ava came in third in hers!
There were four first graders and four second graders in Claire's division and she beat them all! Her winning word was mantel! She was so excited and I was beyond excited for her!
Ava competed against eleven third, fourth, and fifth graders. She was beat by two fourth graders to take third place! She missed the word glucose (she spelled gluecose). She was very happy with how she placed and I was thrilled!
Each girl received a trophy and happily posed for pictures! Way to go girls!!
No comments:
Post a Comment