Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sofia the First Tea Party

Happy Girl!
We celebrated Julianna's birthday today with a Sofia the First tea party.  Julianna loves Sofia the First and playing tea party with her babies so a tea party birthday party was inevitable.  I love decorating for the girls' birthday parties because I like to be creative and crafty.  Birthday parties give me a chance to exercise that creativity.
Julianna's personalized invitations were adorable and each guest was asked to dress in their favorite princess or prince attire.  We had many beautiful princesses and one prince attend her party.  We had a few Rapunzels, a Jasmine, Belle, a few tutu princesses, and Sofia the First of course.
The girls and I had made a trip to Party City several weeks earlier to gather party items.  Kelly could not bring himself to enter Party City so he looked at a sporting goods store while we shopped.  Since we were having a tea party I wanted the kids to have tea cups for their drinks .  However, with most of the guest being under the age of five I did not want to give them "real" tea cups for fear of them getting broken.  Fortunately at Party City I found clear plastic tea cups that were perfect.



The night before the party, I decorated the foyer with tulle and purple pom poms.  The table had a purple tablecloth with a white lace tablecloth on top.  Each guest had a small metal bucket with a tiara, wand, crayons, color sheet and a personalized star that acted as a place holder.  I used a teapot that was my great Aunt Sara's as the centerpiece.  We had balloons everywhere and small string pom poms in the gift area.  Everything was perfect and Julianna was so excited!






The guests were served a variety of deli sandwiches, chicken salad with croissants, meat and cheese dip and individual fruit cups.  Keeping with Sofia the First theme, I made Julianna a cute Sofia the First cake.  She was so thrilled to see it and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment