Monday, April 21, 2014

Claire's Decision

Tonight as Kelly said Claire's prayers with her, she told her daddy that she wanted to be baptized.  He talked with her a little bit and then called me back to her room.  We asked her why she wanted to be baptized and did she know what being baptized meant.  She knew!  We explained to her that being baptized is an outward symbol that you are saved and that you have accepted Jesus as your Savior.  She said, "I'm ready!"

The next day I made an appointment for her to go and talk with our pastor, Brother Bill.  After the meeting, Brother Bill said she was ready and had no reservations about her understanding and her profession.  Claire was so excited and eager to walk the isle.  Kelly and I prayed with her that afternoon and she excitedly started the count down to Sunday.  Claire carefully chose what clothes she would wear and each day would ask, "How many more days until Sunday, Mama?"

When Sunday finally got here she was up early and dressed long before it was time to go to Sunday school.  I asked Claire if she wanted me and her daddy to walk down with her.  She said she could go down by herself.  She sat with us through the church service and constantly asked, "Is it time?"  Finally the time came for the invitational and the next series of events make me just want to cry...good cry!

Me:  "Claire, it's time."
Claire: Looking..."I don't want to go."
Me:  "You don't have to go if you are not ready, but if you are going to go...now is the time."
Claire:  "I don't see him."  **Brother Bill steps down in front of the podium and from where she was sitting, she did not see where he was**
Me:  "Do you want me to walk down with you and show you where to go?"
Claire:  "Yes."

So, Claire walks out first, followed by me, Ava, and Kelly.  She is in front and she is walking down the side isle to get to the main isle to go down.  She gets to the main isle and starts to turn the wrong way and I say from behind her, "No baby, this way."  She turned the right way and saw Brother Bill.  Once she saw him, that was it!  She skip/ran to him!

At that very moment God put it on my heart...isn't this how we are when we come to Him?  We do not see Him or see the need for Him.  God puts people in our path to help us find the way to Him.  We start moving towards Him but sometimes start to turn the wrong way.  He has someone there to show us the right way.  Once we turn the right way and "see" Him, that's it!  We run to Him and we are His!

I am so thankful my sweet Claire Bear made the correct decision of this most-important-decision-of-her-life!  I can not wait to see how God will use her!

No comments:

Post a Comment