Sunday, October 14, 2012

A New Adventure

I am so excited to announce a new adventure I am embarking on!  As stated in previous posts here and here, I have always wanted to perfect certain "home-made" skills.  I am creating a new blog that will be dedicated to my journey and pictures of my creations.  I can't wait!  I am currently working on cake decorating!  Yesterday I baked and decorated my first official cake (that was not for my girls)!  It was for my sweet niece Olivia's 6th birthday.  I have been practicing my skills and I thought the cake turned out beautifully!  It tasted good too:)  In addition, I have another cake order coming up that I am very excited about!
This was a Barbie silhouette cake!


In addition, I will be taking sewing classes soon and hope to perfect those skills as well!  I would love to be able to make window treatments, pillows, bedding, etc.!  I have been researching sewing techniques, fabrics, etc. to learn as much as I can.  However, for right now my focus will be on cake decorating.  I will announce my new blog site and title in an upcoming post!  Wish me well!  I'm very excited!!

1 comment:

  1. That's such a cute cake! You can make me one when I come home if you need practice. :) And, I'll be your first client for window treatments!

    ReplyDelete