Thursday, June 7, 2012

Amazing Wonders Aviation

Tonight was our last night of vacation bible school at church.  Our theme this year was Amazing Wonders Aviation.  I teach a class or help teach a class each year and I alternate between helping with Claire's class and Ava's class.  This year I was the lead teacher for the kindergarten class (Ava) and I had such a sweet group of kids.  This age loves God so much and some of the little side conversations they were having about Him just warmed my heart.  Each night they went to a drama class, which had actors and actresses act out the bible story for the night.  The kids loved this!  Especially the night they had to dress up like the twelve tribes of Israel.  Then they went to crafts and recreation and then onto music.  Julianna's baby class also had music.  Julianna loved this part because she got to play knaw on an instrument.








The last 30 minutes of bible school, all the kids gathered in the sanctuary to sing songs of praise and learn about sharing the news of Jesus.  My girls absolutely loved this part of the night.  They sang and praised and each night a few kids were singled out for singing and dancing the best and some were even invited to go on stage with the leaders to help lead a song.  The very first night, Ava was one of two kids to receive an aviation pin for her singing and dancing.  The next night Claire received a pin and both girls were invited to lead a song on stage later on in the week.  They loved the song and praise part of bible school so much that we got a CD of the music and they are still singing and dancing the moves two weeks later!  I often find myself singing the songs as well.  I love helping with bible school.  I love seeing kids want to learn about Jesus.  I love seeing parents bring their kids to bible school.  I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and all the blessings He has given me.  I love the opportunity to help teach kids about Jesus.








Photo taken by Jessica Briscoe

Photo taken by Jessica Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment