Ava has recently found a love for running. Ever since she ran in the 1-mile fun run for Racing for Pinks, she has been eager to enter another race. Her school has an annual 1-mile fun run before the Thanksgiving holidays called the Turkey Trot. All of the students get to participate at scheduled times and the top two girls and top two boys from each grade receive a medal. Ava has been so excited about this race for weeks. Today was the race and Ava insisted on a breakfast of eggs, grits, and toast "to give her energy" (her words, not mine). The kindergarteners raced at 8:00 so around 9:00ish I was wondering how she had done. I checked my e-mail around 10:00 and I had received an e-mail from Ava's best friends' mom (who I work with) letting me know that Ava and Emily (Ava's best friend) were the first two kindergarten girls to finish the race!! Emily was the first girl and Ava was second and they both got a medal! That afternoon when Ava arrived at my school, she was so excited and proudly showed off her medal! I think I might have a runner on my hands. She's already asking when the next race is! The PE coach at Ava's school took some pictures and was kind enough to send them to me. Thanks Kathy!
![]() |
| Kindergarten winners |
![]() |
| 1st & 2nd place winners from K-5 |



No comments:
Post a Comment