Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ava the "Pro" & Claire the "Rookie"

It's that time of year again...soccer! Today was Ava & Claire's first soccer game. This year Claire got to participate in soccer and she has been so excited. Ava is playing in one age group up from Claire so the girls are on different teams (they don't play against each other). I was very interested to see how each girl did this year in soccer. Ava did not start out so well last year, but she ended the season by scoring three goals! Ava played first this year and did extremely well. She got after that ball and ran her heart out the whole time! She is on the same team with two of her teammates from last year...Shauna & Tyler. She looked like a pro! Next was Claire's turn to play. She is on the same team with her best friend Ella Briscoe. I was so excited to see these two girls play. Claire did not cry at all, but she kind of just stood there and watched the other kids play. She would kick the ball one time then come to the side line to let me know that the kids were taking the ball from her:) I would give her some reassurance and she would run back out. I was surprised at how little she got after the ball. I thought for sure she would run and chase the ball; however, at least she didn't cry like Ava did last year. Ava was on the side line telling Claire to get the ball and Claire didn't like that either. Hopefully the first game is just a time for her to get used to the crowd and all the kids and maybe the rest of the games she'll run after the ball a little more. However, I do have video below of Claire almost scoring a goal.







No comments:

Post a Comment