This year we went to stay at Quincy's house and got up at 2:45 a.m. in order to be at Belk when they opened at 4:00. There were so many crazy lines just to get in the stores; however, we did not wait in any of them. There is nothing we want that bad!! We found the entrances that did not have people lined up. After shopping all morning, we sat down and enjoyed a nice lunch at Longhorn. In spite of what many people see on television about people getting trampled and fights breaking out during Black Friday shopping (I know that happens some places, unfortunately), I am happy to report tha
t I have never witnessed any of that. There are tons of people everywhere, but everyone has always been respectful and orderly. After being up since 2:45 a.m. and shopping hard, by 1:00 Quincy and Cassie were tired. They usually take a nap on the way to Lake Park, but they slept most of the time after lunch also. Below is a picture of Quincy zonked out at Books-A-Million! You can kind of see Cassie laying down in the back...they were so tired! We had a great time and I can't wait until next year!
a blog about faith, family, friends, and the adventures of raising three daughters
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Black Friday Shopping!!
For several years, my sisters and I get up cRAzy early and go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, or as everyone knows it, Black Friday! Lealane and I started this little tradition a few years ago and a few years after that Quincy joined in on the fun. Last year was Cassie's first year getting to go with us and she loved it so much that she went again this year. I love the fact that all of my sisters do this together...it is so fun! Even though we are in our 20's and 30's, when we get together we act like teenagers again. I think most people do that when they get around their siblings! I love my sisters and I am so glad we started this tradition, not to mention we gets lots of shopping done! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment