Saturday, March 1, 2014

Stop Hunger Now 2014

 Today was the third annual Stop Hunger Now ministry meal packing event hosted by local churches to provide food to people in third world countries.  Ava, Claire, and I have gone to all meal packing events since it started three years ago.  Nineteen churches and tons of people were involved in this ministry so we were separated into three shifts.  The girls and I worked the third shift 12-2.  This year the goal was to pack 135,000 meals and we met that goal in a six hour time span!  Each meal serves six people so in actuality 810,000 people will be fed!  The girls were runners again this year and when I say runners, I mean run!  They had to move quickly to keep up with all of the bags being sealed.  After each 1,000 meals had been packed, sealed, and loaded, someone would hit the gong to let everyone in the building know 1,000 more meals had been packed.  This year Ava got to hit the gong one time and she loved it!  This ministry is so important to me as most of the food goes to feed children.  I love children so much and I am such a child advocate that is fills my heart when I can help children in any way.  I truly feel my life's mission is to love, educate, feed, and help children.  I hope to never miss this event!  For more information on Stop Hunger Now click here.
There were many more tables like this




Ringing the gong after 1,000
more meals had been packed

The girls and one of their sweet friends

No comments:

Post a Comment