Saturday, September 7, 2013

Shoe Birthday Party

Today we had Julianna's 2nd birthday party with family and a few of her little friends.  As I was thinking of what the theme would be I became completely stumped.  She likes lots of things and it was hard to pinpoint just one theme for her party.  Not really expecting a good answer, I asked Kelly what he thought would be a good theme.  I was obviously desperate to ask him!  Anyone who knows him knows this is not his "thing"!  To my surprise he said, "What about a shoe party?  She loves shoes"!  Genius, I tell you!  She does love shoes and is always strutting around in them.  After stroking his ego by telling him how wonderful his idea was, I set to work.  My awesome sister made her invitations:


My sweet neighbor made her shirt:

And I made her cake.  I love the way it turned out!

Ruffle shoe cake
We had a sandwich bar that consisted of deli meat, several cheeses, a variety of breads, chicken salad, chili con quesa, and all the fixins'!

All three of her little friends we invited were able to come although one could not stay long.  They had so much fun playing in her play room and seeing each other outside of daycare!  It was a great day!
Blowing out her candles

Sweet friends Addison & Emmaline



She loved her backpack!

In her princess gown from Lily Gray!


No comments:

Post a Comment