Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ava's First Trophy


This past school year, Ava took dance lessons. She loved going to dance and asked every day if it was "dance day". At the end of the year the dancers have a recital. However, instead of a formal recital, Ava's age group held an open house where family got to go into the studio and see what the girls had learned through the year. Ava's teacher said the reason they do not participate in the formal recital was because sometimes three and four year olds freeze up on stage!! Oh how right she was! Kelly and I were so excited about seeing what Ava had learned! There were three other girls in Ava's class and Ava started off good, however, it quickly went down hill. Ava got nervous and would not dance and started to cry! Kelly, Mrs. Brenda, Miss Reagan, and myself try to console her and tell her if she danced she would get her trophy...but she was not having it! Needless to say, we left and she did not get her trophy! Right when we got home Mrs. Brenda called to check on Ava. She said Ava had been the best dancer all year and she was surprised that Ava froze up! She said that she still wanted Ava to have her trophy because she had done so well all year! I got the trophy and Ava danced for Kelly and I at home. After she danced we gave her the trophy! She was so excited and carried the trophy around for days! I think she just got the case of stage fright and I feel sure she will do better next year! The pictures are from the very beginning and after she go the trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment